Poppystamps is joining The Twinery for a joint blog hop!
The Twinery has some very pretty twine that is made from 100% cotton and comes in a variety of solid colours as well as striped and some even have some metallic woven through.
There are two days left, today and tomorrow July 26th where there are some great blogs that you can hop on over to. If you are hopping along with us today, you will have arrived here from Anita Mulcahey's blog.
If you would like to start from the beginning you can find a complete list of designers at the Poppystamps blog or The Twinery blog.
There will also be prizes and you could win one by leaving a comment on each blog you visit. The prizes are:
Poppystamps Butterfly Branch and Frozen Flakes Dies
Retail value: $26.50
The Twinery Metallic Sampler Pack
Retail value $32.00!
Make sure to check out the fine quality of twine from The Twinery and the great craftsmanship of the Poppystamps dies. You won't find any like these anywhere else.
Paper that was in my paper stash box.
Poppystamps Beverly Vine #986
Cappuccino Solid Twine from The Twinery
Embellishment from another stash
1. I used my standard 6 1/2 x 5 inch card
2. I distressed the 6 1/4 x 4 3/4 inch background paper and used some brown ink along the edges.
3. I distressed and used the same brown ink around the edges of the 5 3/4 x 4 1/4 inch layer and glued it onto the 2nd layer.
4. I glued the Poppystamps Beverly Vine onto the 2 top layers.
5. I then tied the Twinery Cappuccino Solid Twine onto the 2 top layers five times and finished off with a smaller piece to tie all five layers together with a small bow.
6. I added a small heart embellishment.
7. Lastly I glued the layers onto the background of the card and it was finished.
I also made a second card that features some twine and dies :)
I decided to use some of The Twinery's Maraschino twine and wrap it around a scalloped circle. I really had fun with it.
- I started with my standard 6 1/2 x 5 inch card.
- I added a second layer (blue) 6 1/4 x 4 3/4 inch
- I added a third layer measuring 6 x 4 1/2 inches
- I wrapped some twine around a scalloped circle
- I added the Poppystamps Delaney Butterfly #1028
- I added the Poppystamps Cheviot Butterfly #1024
- Finally I added a Happy Birthday tag which I created using Word and added some bling to all 4 corners and to either end of the tag.
I hope you enjoyed the blog hop today and don't forget to visit the Poppystamps and Twinery sites to hop again tomorrow! Thanks for visiting and good luck!